B2C Lead Generation

Increased leads by 3X
Decreased CPL by 31%

Our B2C lead generation client is a private for profit college. They offer accredited Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees in filmmaking, audio production, computer animation, music production, the entertainment business, and more.

B2C Lead Generation case study featured image
VerticalB2C Lead Generation
Service Search

The Performance Proof

Takeover date: January 2017

Challenges & Goals

We took over this AdWords account in January of 2017. The client was burdened with several inefficiencies: excessive low quality leads, low back end CVRs/high CPLs, insufficient volumes for the sales team, and a lack of data merging between their CRM system & AdWords to analyze queries by sales, not just leads.

Approach, Strategy & Solution

Our first step was to organize the account and perform a full clean-up. All keywords were re-allocated in fresh campaigns with more granular ad groups that promoted higher quality scores. It was a crucial step to address the previously unorganized structure, since it was nearly impossible to optimize and budget across different programs. Our account structures feature a signature breakout system that ensures efficient management between devices and match types while concurrently improving quality score.

Our second priority was geo targeting and settings. Initially, the account suffered from low quality leads due to geo locations that were irrelevant for the business. As the Film School is a physical location, we had to make sure we put appropriate positive and negative locations in place, adjusting settings where needed. Later on, we broke out campaigns by geo location, which further improved lead quality based on the location of the user. Our overarching goal was to prioritize leads closest to the school’s address.

We improved the client’s back-end tracking using our proprietary comprehensive tracking templates that include multiple data points, such as match type, device and lead source code.

Once we established a solid structural base, we were ready to optimize. Through continuous cycles of optimizations, we increased lead volume while maintaining and at times even improving CPLs. The clients internal marketing team had high expectations and goals, rightfully so. We at Pure Digital were excited to rise to the challenge.

In order to make continuous progress in lead volume, we regularly came up with new keyword strategies. To date, we have added over 50 thousand unique keywords to the account. These new keywords were chosen based on conversion data we collected over time.

We are currently working with a mature account with a well-developed AdWords front-end. However, there is always room for improvement, which is why we are making strides towards improving back-end CVR based on several years’ worth of keyword conversion data. We are also keeping an eye at the big picture, making sure to prevent and address future problems, so that this client is able to continue enrolling the best and brightest students at lowest possible cost per start.

Results

Increased leads by 3X
Decreased CPL by 30.93%
Increased back end CVR from lead to start by 34.71%
Increased average quality score by 38%