Amazon Sponsored Products & Sponsored Brands are the two main forms of paid advertising on the Amazon platform. Sponsored Products are ads for individual product listings on Amazon. They appear on search results pages and product details pages, helping drive sales and product visibility. Sponsored Brands showcase your brand and product portfolio. Featuring your brand logo, a custom headline, and up to 3 of your products, these ads appear in search results. With Sponsored Brands you have the option to send the user to a custom product page that showcases your listings, or to the homepage of your Amazon Store. There are many benefits to utilizing this service from Amazon to achieve your business goals. Many shoppers come to Amazon ready to buy. Advertising helps you reach customers who are searching for products like yours to purchase. This type of advertising also provides you with instant visibility to boost your brand and products. Ads appear in highly visible placements, like page one of search results or on product details pages. You only pay for the clicks your ads receive. Campaign reports track ad spend and performance, so you can learn what’s working and optimize your campaigns. We will cover creating a Sponsored Brands campaign from start to finish.
Here is your step-by-step guide:
- Login to Seller Central account
- Click “Create Campaign” button that is highlighted in yellow on the left hand side.
- Choose your campaign type
- You are now going to adjust your settings. First, you are going to enter in your Campaign name. We suggest putting in the brand name – followed by category – then targeting method. Your daily budget should be set & aligned with what you would like to spend daily per campaign. Everyone’s budget will vary and there is no minimum or maximum that needs to be set. Unlike Sponsored Products you cannot choose Manual or Automatic Targeting. Sponsored Brands only has Manual targeting; therefore, it is not an option. Here is an example of it completed & filled out. In Sponsored Brands, you have the option to choose your landing page: Amazon Store or New Product List Page. If you chose Amazon Store it will bring you to your Amazon store, where you can showcase multiple products & content that you designed. Otherwise, you can send them to a “new product list page”, which is a simple product page with the SKUs you chose to display.
- Next, you are going to either choose the products you want to advertise for if you chose “new product list page”, otherwise you are going to go straight to creative design. We will showcase both options below depending on your chose. For the first option of “new product list page”, you will choose a minimum of 3 products to be displayed on the product list page. Use the product name, or ASIN to find the product in your catalog and add them.
Now, we will showcase the view if you chose to send them to your Amazon store. Since, we are sending them to the Homepage, we do not need to choose products. Instead, the customer will be brought to our homepage and be exposed to the products displayed on the homepage, as well as the content we have designed.
- You are going to be responsible for creating the Creative of the Sponsored Brands Ad. This ad will be showcased at the top of the search results and include your brand logo, a custom headline, and up to 3 products. You have 30 characters for the Brand Name & 50 characters for the Headline. Here is an example of it completed inside the platform. You can use the “ad preview” button to see what your ad will look like when it is live.
- Next, is Keywords & Bids. This will determine the keywords you are bidding on in order for your ads to be triggered. We suggest using the same keywords you are bidding on in your Sponsored Products campaigns. Therefore, when a customer searches a particular keyword you are dominating all possible real estate. You will show above the search results at the top, as well as the search results page. You also do not want to have competitors owing the Sponsored Brands slots, while you are bidding on Sponsored Product ad placements. This is a common strategy to steal competitor’s customers. You can simply copy & paste all of your keywords and set a default bid for all of the keywords. After data is gathered, you can manually optimize these keywords. We do suggest enabling the “automated bidding” option to allow Amazon’s AI to optimize bids when needed in order to win auctions.
- Final Step: Click “Submit for Review” in the bottom right corner & your campaign will go live, once Amazon reviews & approves it.